It’s no secret to those who know me I LOVE baking! Cooking I can be hit & miss according to hubby, but baking is definitley my thing (ok well also according to the husband – apart from sponge cake… I don’t know how but every sponge cake I try to make is a serious fail haha).
Anyway back on track, I love baking! And these muffins are some of my fav! They’re so easy to make and taste great! They’re also perfect for kids to get involved in and they’re perfect to use up leftover fruit that the kids half eat lol.
All you need is the 75c homebrand cake mixes from Coles & Woolies etc and a few standard ingredients already in most households.
Make up the cake mix as per the instructions (it says to use 2 eggs but I find making them for muffins I only need to use the 1). Then add in any variety of ingredients you like!
Some popular ones here are:
• Banana/cinnamon – add 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder & 1-2 soft mashed bananas to the mix
• Apple/cinnamon – as above however with 1-2 grated or diced apples
• Bounty – add 2 tablespoons cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon coconut
• Choc chip – add 1/2 a cup of Choc chips of choice
• Oat & Honey – add 1/2 cup oats & 3 tablespoons of honey
• Carrot Cake – add 1 grated carrot, 1 teaspoon cinnamon & 1 teaspoon of nutmeg (or just 2 teaspoons of allspice or similar)
• Berry – add 1 cup of frozen or fresh berries of choice. Mixed berries, blueberries and raspberries are always popular.
These are just some suggestions for flavour combos but as you can see these cake mixes are so versatile!
And with school holidays coming up shortly they’ll be perfect for keeping the kids occupied… Well for 1/2 hour Atleast haha.